Ernest Henry Mining Pty Ltd is an operating open cut and underground gold/copper mine located 40 km north-east of Cloncurry. AGE has had a long standing relationship with Ernest Henry and has worked at the site since 1999. Work to date has included:
- developing and updating a sub-regional groundwater model for the purposes of water licensing and impact assessment;
- designing and installing groundwater monitoring networks;
- reviewing data collected from monitoring networks and assessing triggers levels;
- providing estimates of the water level and quality of water within the residual open cut final void;
- reviewing the performance of the sites water supply borefield; and
- assisting with dewatering strategies for the deep open cut mine.
AGE has also been involved with the satellite Mt Margaret Mine and Monakoff sites conducting borefield performance review reports, final void assessments and trigger level compliance.
AGE provides a reliable and trusted partner for the technical services and environment team at Ernest Henry and is able to provide flexible resources to achieve the required objectives in a timely manner.